Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
I am an Architectural Model Maker based in Furness Vale, Derbyshire. Established since 1989, I have been model making since my school days.

Church Street Scale Model

Church Street Scale Model
Click on this image to view my model making blog where examples of my commercial work are showcased.

Followers

Promises

This piece of verse was written by my grandmother, probably when she was in her 70's. It appears to refer to the loss of her first husband who was killed in an accident and to her subsequent re-marriage.

You promised me devotion,
Promised love for only me;
You promised me the ocean,
Then you left upon the sea.

You sailed away and left me,
Waiting tearful on the shore,
All your promises were empty,
And my heart wept all the more.

God was kind; I met another,
He was gentle, kind and true,
We learned to love each other
And he kept promises made by you.

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Ramblings. Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates